John Momoh is the Chairman of the Channels Media Group, and Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Channels Television. He is a renowned broadcast journalist with vast experience spanning four decades.
Before founding Channels, John worked variously as Senior News Anchor, Reporter, and Producer for Nigeria’s National Radio and Television Stations, (Radio Nigeria and Nigerian Television Authority).
In 23 years, he has gone from being a star employee to creating a multi-million dollar media enterprise, employing over 400 staff, across Nigeria and Africa, and reaching the World, with the same business model that analysts predicted would fail. His vision, passion, and tenacity are balanced by a willingness to re-invent and pivot where necessary.
He is a graduate of the University of Lagos, with a Master’s degree in International Law and Diplomacy, and a B.Sc. (with honours) in Mass Communication.
John Momoh is also an alumnus of the prestigious Harvard Business School and the Lagos Business School.
Awards of Excellence
John’s commitment to excellence has seen him and his Companies nominated and winning awards and recognitions over several decades. These include
- Nigerian Media Merit Award for “News Anchor of the Year”.
- Nigerian Union of Journalists Award for “Newscaster of the Year.”
- Constituency for Africa Award for Excellence in Broadcasting (Washington DC, USA).
- Planet Africa Award for Professionalism and Entrepreneurship, Canada and
- African Achievers Award For Professionalism